Sunday, August 12, 2012

Party & Goodbyes

I've been wanting to blog for awhile, but it just seems like time has escaped me these past couple weeks. I've been busy packing, shooting photos, and getting ready for my going away party.

My party was yesterday and it brought to my attention that saying goodbye is imminent. Some people I saw yesterday I will not be seeing again before I leave, and that is a hard fact to face.

It was absolutely wonderful to see people from my church, friends, family, professors, and even my 5th grade teacher. I couldn't have asked for better people to share this time in my life with and the genuine support that I have felt from them. I will miss so many people while I'm gone, but while reflecting upon this last night, I realized I am extremely blessed to have so many people to miss in my life. There is a positive in saying goodbye, because I really do have people who truly care about what I am doing and will be here when I get back. I am only saying Slan Go Foill, "Farewell for Now."

Not that saying goodbye will be easy. I received a card yesterday at my party that read "There are so many ways to say goodbye, unfortunately all of them suck." Now, it is blunt but I felt very true. No matter how you say it, saying goodbye isn't easy and I can't say I'm really looking forward to it. But it is a part of being a YAV and if I can say goodbye for a year to the people I love, I feel as if I could do anything.

I want to thank everyone who came yesterday, I was so happy to see everyone and be able to share this journey in my life. It really meant a lot to me!

Sidenote:
I gave my uncle my address in Belfast and knew that sooner or later he would spend time on Google Earth. And low and behold I received an e-mail with screenshots from Google Earth around my flat.

My flat is the yellow door.

A look down my street.


A look down my street from the other direction.

The shopping area right up the street from my flat.

 More of the shopping area.

More shopping area.

I believe this a movie theater, and you can see the harbor in the background, as well as the famous cranes from the shipyard.

Houses

No comments:

Post a Comment