Moving on..
So far my flights have been easy and have all departed from the same terminals that I arrived in. I think the highlight of my flights so far has been sitting next to a Presbyterian pastor. Go figure! Another reminder of how small the world can be sometimes. I took it as more of sign from God though that he's here with me on these flights and through this process. It was incredibly nice of her to offer to help me find my gate and make sure I found a good place to eat. It certainly got rid of some of my anxiety and made my flight much more enjoyable. Next Monday I will leave with 7 other YAV's for Belfast and I am so happy to know I will be accompanied with awesome people during that flight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This day has been pretty draining in that I had to say to goodbye to my family and I was faced with the fact, that I will not be home for a year. However, as I have thought about this over .. well the whole time I've known I would be going to Belfast, my home will still be there when I get back. Des Moines isn't going to suddenly disappear and vanish and the same thing goes for my family and friends. Things will obviously be much different but it will all still be there. I get the fortune of knowing I do get to come back in a year and get to share the amazing experiences I will have.
Here are just some of the things I am looking forward to this year:
- Getting to know 7 other YAV's, my site coordinator, and the people I get the privilege to work with.
- Living in a flat
- Trying Irish food
- Learning new things from the people I will work with
- Sharing my skills and talents with others
- Making a difference how ever slight it may be (or big)
- Getting to experience a new culture and being fully immersed in it
- ....Seeing Giant's Causeway
- Making memories that will last a lifetime
- Being challenged in my faith and other aspects of my life
And since I feel like most people I talk to do not know about Giant's Causeway, here is a photo, ( I am looking forward to being able to share my own photographs of it later on)

No comments:
Post a Comment