Thursday, August 23, 2012

I can't believe it's already Thursday here at Stony Point. It's been a whirlwind of a week so far. After my final flight on Monday into Newark airport, I had the pleasure of meeting up with Maggie Lewis, fellow YAV, only to discover that one of my suitcases was lost on the journey. I will say that was very discouraging but in the long run is fine because it was delivered late Tuesday night. So for now, my worries about luggage can subside. 

So far we've had sessions on cultural sensitivity and sexual misconduct and so on and so forth. There has also been a lot of worship time, which I have found incredibly rejuvenating, singing songs like this one, (this is from a YAV Orientation awhile ago so just picture me there.)  

Today, we had a session on personalities and took the Myers Briggs test to learn more about who we are as people. I already knew I would be an introvert but I learned a lot more about what makes me tick. 

My results from the test showed me as an INTJ, which means Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging or Introverted Intuition with Extraverted Thinking.  Which I took to mean essentially an introvert with people and in social situations, who uses intuition and logic in decision making and always wants to have a schedule and check things off a To Do List.  I thought it summed me up pretty well. However, I also was very close to being diagnosed as a INFJ which I thought describes me as well. 

Also, I received an e-mail from the Pastor at the church I will be commissioned at this Sunday, stating I will asked to share an aspect of my faith journey.  I have many aspects so I will need to really contemplate which story I would like to share.


Here is a photo from going bowling on Tuesday night. Please ignore how incredibly silly I look.

On the left is Beth and on the right is Grace. Both of which will soon be my flat mates.

1 comment:

  1. We're just kind of giving this a test. We did not ignore how silly you look in that picture. Glad to know the "The Great Missing Suitcase Case" is solved.

    Uncle Chuck

    ReplyDelete