Thursday, August 30, 2012

Belfast Day 3

So my posts may be a bit choppy for a few days just because we are doing so much and I need to get to bed at a decent hour. But just want to be timely about posting so I don't end up with photos from now that don't get posted until later.

Today we visited Garnerville and I got to meet my pastor Peter McDowell and the Sunday School Superintendent Caroline. It was an awesome experience and I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time we were there.

View from my church

Sign at Garnerville

Garnerville Presbyterian Church

The community centre where I will also be working. 
We went to several other YAV Placements which were all really interesting, and I loved having tea/coffee at almost every place. We also discovered delicious tea cakes and enjoyed them very much. During the middle of the day Doug took us to walk by the Stormont Estate to stretch our legs and take in the pretty scenery. He compared the building to be more like what we have in a state capitol in the U.S. Also, we got to go to Scrabo Tower by Newtonards (town outside of Belfast where Grace is working) and here are some photos from both places.


Stormont Estate ( Notice the blue sunny sky)

View from the Estate

Stormont Estate

Scrabo Tower in the distance from Beth's church

The view that supposedly inspired C.S. Lewis to create the Narnia series

Roommate picture at the Scrabo Tower

View from Scrabo Tower

Kathryn and I

Another view

Grace and I 



No comments:

Post a Comment