Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Belfast Day 2- 

Brief Summary of how the day went. My first culture shock moment: the shower. The hot water is controlled by an electric box and long story short I had a hot/cold shower. I will get used to it though and it brings me to a point I really like about our house. In order to have an outlet work you first have to turn it on so therefore you don't waste any electricity. I thought it was a really cool feature, definitely something I will have to get used to but a good way to control your electric bill. 


Today we went and toured Tricia, T.J., and David's places and met their supervisors and/or pastors and saw their church and/or other placement. It was really cool to see where they are working and learn about the history of their placements.  It helped give me some insight into what we will be doing while we are here.  

We also went around saw a lot of the murals and peace lines (not walls) and that was very intense. It is one thing to hear about the peace lines and then to see them is a whole other experience. 

We will learn more about the murals later but it is rather unnerving looking at murals, but I look forward to learning more about them individually. We also went to the mall in the City Centre and got to go to an observation dome at the top. You get a view of the whole city (I think.) 




Kathryn, Beth, and I at the Dome

The two cranes from the shipyard that built the Titanic. The cranes are nicknamed Samson and Goliath.

Looking down through the mall at the Dome

More views from the Dome.

Me at the Dome.

More views from the Dome.

1 comment: