I thought I'd give you a wee treat and this will be a rare occasion. But I thought I would share a nice little tidbit from my journal that I've been writing in. For the most part it will be kept private but every once in awhile I may share some entries.
Sept. 16
"I stuck my head out of the window tonight (into our backyard so people wouldn't stare) and breathed in the fresh cold air and looked around and thought "I'm in Belfast. I'm in another country." I have these fleeting moments and I wished they'd last longer to soak up the moment. I don't want this year to fly by. I want to make sure I savor every last drop. This truly is an incredible opportunity that just makes my heart want to burst because it is so good. Sometimes I feel like I need to be pinched every minute to remind myself I'm living and not dreaming. Climbing Cavehill yesterday was great. I saw God in the grass, in the lough, in David's hand extending to help me, in encouraging words exchanged, in the rocks, and in the sky and rocks. I felt God all around me. How can I be unhappy with that feeling? I can't."
Beautiful-thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLOve,
Aunt Ruth