The movie is class (another word for great or awesome here) and I'm really excited to see how it all turns out. We had a rehearsal today, and it went really well. I will also be leading the whole church service that day, which I am nervous about but am also looking forward to it. It'll be a step out of my comfort zone but that is what this whole year is about, so it'll be a good step.
I think despite it being a children's movie, I find the lyrics of the songs used to have more meaning and be more understandable.
For myself, I have known the story of Christmas since I was taught it at young age, however, I have never really delved much deeper into it. When really, there is so much complexity to the birth of Jesus, I don't know how I could have really overlooked it until now.
I think I had forgotten how truly young Mary was when she had Jesus and that she didn't really know Joseph up until her marriage. The lyrics to this song, reminded me of how truly difficult it would have been for Mary and Joseph.
"He's not my type
She's not too bad
Not the most gorgeous I've ever had
I'll grow to love her
It might work out
Too young to know what it's all about
And yet there's something behind those eyes
A fire that flickers but never lies
Could I love him
Could she love me
we can't rush into what is meant to be
One look and we're forever
One look and it's like we've always known
One look we're passing never
Together forever and always hope
Together forever and always, always hope"
They're incredibly simple but it speaks so much truth to me. It makes you put yourself in their shoes and realize that it wasn't as simple as it sometimes shown to have been.
I am seeing the story of Christ's birth in a new light and beginning to understand how it is truly incredible. Not that I hadn't thought that before, but when you hear the same story every year, you can begin to drift away from all the details and it can fall into a routine. I am rediscovering the story, would be a better way I suppose to put it.
Knocknagoney Primary School will be doing their nativity play next Friday which I am also looking forward to attending. I am designing the program for it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment