Saturday, December 8, 2012

From my journal:


"I joined the choir at Garnerville because I can't imagine not singing in a choir for Christmas. It is funny how really different yet the same Garnerville is form Westminster. They really take care of me here. I made a joke last night about them abandoning me and not giving me a lift home from choir and someone said to me "Oh no, we take care of you here" and gave me a hug which made me really happy inside. I am being looked after.

I truly do feel that I have opened myself up and God has rushed in through the relationships I am making here. I think I am learning more about myself here than I thought I would about where I stand in my faith and perspectives and I will be forever grateful.

I feel like I am being spiritually nourished through these challenges I am facing, small and big. And it is wonderful. I remember in Comm. Career Seminar we filled out a checklist of what is important to us and I had spirituality ranked really high. But I hadn't been getting everything I needed spiritually until now. Being spiritually balanced is important to me. And I feel like I am being stretched here. I am fortunate that I have been given a life from God and have been blessed with the opportunity to be here."

No comments:

Post a Comment