I wanted to share this video with you from Grace and her experiences here.
"And most importantly, I recently had the enormous privilege to piece together a video of interviews from the boys at The Link drop-in center, talking about a trip to Dublin that they took earlier in the year. I've only been here about 3 months, but I was absolutely "chuffed" hearing such tolerant attitudes and poignantly simple wisdom as they reflected back on everything they learned from their experience. We could all learn a thing or two from these boys. I highly recommend watching the video below!"
I enjoyed watching the video and was really happy to hear how the boys views had changed on religion and politics. I had never thought about how some youth perceived Dublin and was surprised to hear some thought of it as the Irish equivalent to Belfast with IRA murals everywhere.
I thought the people in this video were very inspirational and it was good to see a difference is being made by places such as The Link. Even if I wasn't directly involved it was good to see that people are working for a change here and see how the changes are taking place. It showed me that our work here as YAVs can and will make a difference, even if it is small it is crucial.
No comments:
Post a Comment