Tuesday, June 19, 2012

As I've been helping out with VBS this week, I've realized a few things. The reoccurring statement made throughout all the songs we've sung and stories is "Trust God." For instance, here is one of the songs we sing.



At first it was just a statement I was saying over and over because it was part of the song. However, it occurred how incredibly relevant this statement is to me right now.

A scary part about being a YAV is the unknown. It is incredibly exciting and terrifying at the same time. I have no idea what Belfast has in store for me, from the highs and the lows but I just have to trust God. That really is a big leap of faith and in fact, is really what faith is truly about. It is a leap into the unknown and trusting God to lead the way.

The chance to be a YAV is an opportunity to test your faith, in addition to growing and learning in and about your faith. It is a chance to put your faith into action and dive in head first. And even as I write this I will not know in what ways I will be tested; I will need to trust in God. And I do.

Sometimes I feel that I get too caught up in all the other aspects of being a YAV (the fundraising and paperwork) and forget about the call I feel to be a part of this program. Today during VBS, I was reminded and it was refreshing.

Also, as I walking out of the church office, a man stopped me and said congratulations on exceeding my goal for fundraising.  I got to talking with him and I just felt so blessed. Not only will the YAV program give me the opportunity to build relationships with others in Belfast, it has given me the opportunity to connect with more people at my church. Through fundraising I have gotten to know more people at my church and build relationships with them too and I have really loved it.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment