Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Poem from Dessie

I've been wanting to share this poem with everyone forever. However, when Dessie (a man I grew close to at my church) shared this poem with me during my second to last church service I started crying and that marks the emotional roller coaster of goodbyes I had before leaving. So it has taken me some time to be able to post this poem. But now I wanted to share this great token that Dessie wrote for me.


Courtney, your stay with us is nearly over
As you come to the end of your year
And I know I speak for all of us when I say
We've really enjoyed having you here
You have ask and learned so much about Ireland
When you go home you can lecture on Orange and Green
And tell "Titanic" stories of the wonderful things you have seen

I know you've been north to Donegal
And south to kiss the Blarney stone
And you ever called into Dublin
To visit Molly Malone
But of all the places you have enjoyed
On your travels near and far
I believe your favourite is just a short trip down the road
To Belfast's Famous Crown Bar

In your work with us you have helped in Fog and Snog
Girls Brigade, Bowlers and Child's Play
And in our new church magazine
You've had a very big say
In all your work we have been blessed
And enjoyed your input so much
We hope when you go back home again
You will keep in touch.

So we want to give you this little gift
It's just a small token of our esteem
From all your Garnerville church family
For all the help you have been
We wish you, and Alex, every blessing
For everything you hope to be and do
Please remember us in your prayers
For we will certainly remember you.

Best Wishes,
Dessie,

Dessie, Amy, Me, and my Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment