I think it's just easier for me to include excerpts from my journal about the time in Iona so here they are:
"Iona was amazing. I can't even describe the amount of peace and serenity that overcame me while I was there. It was just this great inner peace that swallowed me whole. God is there. The pilgrimage was really good too. A lot of the passages we read fit in well with the time in our lives. I kept silent most of the pilgrimage (we were asked to) which was nice so I was able to just take in the scenery and absorb it all.
After the pilgrimage I went to the beach by myself and had some alone time. I had the beach to myself which was great. It was so gorgeous and peaceful with the waves and it was good to just be able to sit and pray out loud.
Worship was really good as well. I felt very moved by all the services there. My eyes always watered up with so much emotion. They told us to say The Lord's Prayer as we were taught and in our own language which was absolutely beautiful to hear people speaking in different languages and not trying to stay in rhythm with each other. I wish I had more worship experiences like that. It filled my soul. "
I do not believe anything I could say about Iona will ever do it justice. I think it is a place where people just need to go and see for themselves because it will be different for every person. I am so happy we had the opportunity to go there and I wish I would have had more time to experience all it has to offer. But am happy with the time that I was given.
 |
| Iona Abbey |
 |
| Walking to the beach |
 |
| Me time on the beach |
 |
| Group shot |
 |
| Me at Iona Abbey |
 |
| Pilgrimage |
 |
| Iona Abbey |
 |
| Wouldn't be complete without a sheep photo |
No comments:
Post a Comment