On another note, Christmas was wonderful here despite everything. Leading up to Christmas I helped with the Nativity Play that the children at Garnerville do every year, but my special role on the Sunday that it was performed was to lead the entire service.
This was an intimidating task that pushed me out of my comfort zone but that is what this year is about. I was in charge of selecting the prayers, and some of the content of the service. I also had to make sure the service flowed smoothly and help the children make costume changes.
I joined the choir at Garnerville to sing in their Carols by Candlelight service, because I could not really envision a Christmas not singing, however I did miss playing handbells which are not a popular instrument over here.
I was blessed to be able to spend both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Peter and his family. I was welcomed in to their family traditions and had a great time getting introduced to his extended family. I also spent Boxing Day (the day after Christmas, a British holiday) with his family as well. So don’t worry, I was well looked after over the holiday season and felt really blessed with the hospitality I received.
Now I am back in Belfast and trying to get back into the routine of things. I am still working on designing the website for Garnerville and hopefully we will be able to make it live in the next two months or so. Also, I am redesigning and essentially recreating their church newsletter which has been a big project to undertake but is making strong headway.
This half of the year I will be starting a newspaper club at Knocknagoney Primary School, and helping out at their new Jesus is a Friend For All (JAFFA) club. Plus, I’ll be helping Peter more with church services. So I will not be any less busy the second half of my year. I am looking forward to all the new things I will be helping out with as well as my other programs like Urban Saints and Child’s Play.
No comments:
Post a Comment