During Orientation they gave us a chart that was similar to the one below about the Stages of Cultural Adaptation. I think now I am starting to see my "Honeymoon Phase" dwindling but not in the ways I had expected and I wouldn't say I experience homesickness that often either.
The only times I'm usually reminded about being "homesick" is when people ask if I am. I would just say I've noticed a bit of a dip in my mood at times but it has been rather acute. Or perhaps it is just that I am starting to realize the challenges that I will have while I am here. But in the end it still doesn't matter because I am grateful and happy to be here.
Also, the decision was made to have me work on more communication based things at Garnerville instead of working at the Community Centre on Tuesdays. It was a difficult process for me but in the end I am happy to be working on new projects for Garnerville such as :
- Redesigning Garnerville website
- Designing a Welcome Packet for new members
- Revamping the Church Magazine
- Creating a Facebook for Garnerville

No comments:
Post a Comment