I suppose I could backtrack to a few Sundays ago when Garnerville had its joined Harvest Service with the Church of Ireland in Knocknagoney. I would compare Harvest to Thanksgiving however, it originated from the harvesting of crops rather than Pilgrims and Native Americans. Either way it really was a beautiful service that was focused on being thankful.
We were given pieces of colored paper shaped like tree leaves and we were supposed to write something we were thankful for on it. Then we were to go up to the front of the sanctuary and clip it on to a bare tree to bring it to life. I absolutely loved this, and was happy to be reminded that I have a lot to be thankful for this year and each and every day.
I don't remember the exact words I wrote on my leaf but I wrote how incredibly thankful I was to be here in Belfast and for all the wonderful people that I have met, will meet, and can learn from. Sometimes I wonder if I will learn more from the people I meet here more so than they could ever learn from me.
I honestly cannot express how incredibly thankful I am to be here in Belfast. I am truly thankful each day for something about being here, whether it's the green grass, the people, the growth in my faith, or the community I have felt.
![]() |
| Photos of the tree we made at the Harvest Service |
"I really enjoyed the Harvest Service tonight at Garnerville. It was all about being thankful and I could almost cry with how thankful I am to be here in Belfast. I've wanted it for so long I don't know what to do. The people have been wonderful and I am so thankful for that. And thankful for this whole experience as well. It is just an incredible life-changing experience, I don't know how I will want to go home (don't worry I will come home, so those at home do not freak out at that statement.) Each person has had an impact on me and in that I couldn't be happier. I need to remember that each day and be thankful to God for he has blessed me."


No comments:
Post a Comment